Skip to main content

Frequently Asked Questions

No. Ownership follows inventorship. All intellectual property (IP) is negotiated in advance by both parties and is clearly spelled out in the agreement.

Absolutely. We have some great opportunities for you to interact with students, such as sponsoring a Senior Design Project.

Absolutely. You can identify which college(s) or department(s) you are most interested in and we will help you make the right connections.

Yes. It’s called a Master Research Agreement (MRA) and it’s been used by a number of different companies, such as Eastman Chemical.

Yes. In order to lease space on Centennial, you must be an approved tenant, which spells out the partnership relationship.

Simple. Call our office at (919) 515-7036 and ask to speak to one of our Partnership Developers. Or, email us at

That would be our recommendation. The reason – our office can help you with the entire process and also help you find other university resources you may not know about.

You can call our office at (919) 515-7036 and ask for a Partnership Developer. Another option is to go to the NC State website and search for different colleges and departments. You can also search for different Centers and Institutes and can look at our research “clusters.”

Yes. The Office of Research Commercialization specifically helps people, companies and venture capitalists find NC State technologies to license.

Yes. There are several funds you might be able to apply for, and there are several entrepreneurial programs available on campus. We can help you get started.

Yes. The first place to start is the Entrepreneurship Initiative, which is specifically geared towards student entrepreneurs.

That it’s difficult or overly bureaucratic. Our Office zeros in on helping you find resources efficiently and cost-effectively.