Coronavirus Information for Centennial Campus
NC State, including Centennial Campus, remains open with minimal on-campus operations during the coronavirus pandemic.
All undergraduate fall courses have been moved online. NC State’s research laboratories remain open and fully operational, and research opportunities for students continue. Graduate courses and clinical education may continue to meet in person or in a hybrid format.
All members of the Centennial Campus community, as well as any visitors or guests, are expected to follow all local laws and regulations, as they may be updated from time to time, including the Governor’s executive order requiring face coverings in public — as well as NC State protocols when in outdoor spaces. These requirements can be found at the NC State Protecting the Pack site.
Information for Centennial Campus partners — or other affected members of the Centennial community — can be found below. For additional information, visit the NC State Protecting the Pack site.
Campus and Business Operations
All Centennial Campus buildings are secured while remaining accessible for select essential operations and personnel. University buildings will remain locked 24 hours a day and will only be accessible via Wolfpack One Card until further notice. Contact your property manager for assistance.
Testing requirements for NC State students, faculty and staff returning to campus in the spring do not impact employees of Centennial Campus partners.
Protocols for Partners located in 1801 Varsity, Alliance Center, Biomedical Partnership Center, Keystone Science Center, and Venture I, II, III, IV and Venture Place:
The owner of your building is responsible for developing best-practice safety protocols for operations within these buildings. Please contact your property manager if you have questions about your buildings’ protocols.
NC State faculty, staff and students are expected adhere to the more stringent of the building’s rules/regulations and the rules/regulations issued by NC State for its operations.
NC State has developed a set of requirements related to Centennial Campus’ outdoor and common spaces which all members of the campus community are expected to follow. The latest guidance provided by NC State can be found at the Protecting the Pack website.
Protocols for Partners located in Partners I, II and III, Poulton Innovation Center and Research I, II, III and IV:
NC State, as the landlord of these buildings, has developed a set of requirements related to building operations, which will be regularly communicated by the property manager of the building through onsite signage and email communications.
The latest guidance provided by NC State for both interior and outdoor spaces is available on the Protecting the Pack website. You may also download signage templates that may be helpful should you adopt these guidelines in your private space.
- For information about housekeeping, mail service and utilities, visit NC State Facilities.
- Libraries: University Libraries has modified services and hours for the Fall 2020 semester. Access is limited to NC State students, faculty, and staff, and university affiliates with a Wolfpack One Card, including Centennial Campus partners.
- Conference and Event Spaces: Centennial Campus Partners can use this form to submit requests to RAVE! to reserve spaces (including conference rooms) for Fall 2020 and Spring 2021 events.
- Wellness and Recreation: WellRec facilities are closed until further notice, but online resources are available.
- Dining: Select dining locations remain open to serve campus with adjusted operations.
- Textiles Port City Java and Shuttle Inn are temporarily closed. Port City Java at EBII accepts orders through Grubhub.
- Common Grounds at Hunt Library has been renovated and will open Monday, August 17. Now a hybrid marketplace, it will offer Peet’s coffee, a wide assortment of cold beverages, sandwiches, salads, and snacks. Diners are able to order through Grubhub and at the point of sale with contactless payment.
- On The Oval has a limited number of seats to provide for physical distancing. Order through the Grubhub app, then get in line to pick up your order.
- The Terrace Dining Room is also now available on Grubhub. Open for pick-up Monday through Friday from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. View the take-out menu and place orders through Grubhub.
- Greenway: Greenways remain open for use, including the Centennial Bikeway Connector trail. Users are expected to follow CDC guidelines for social distancing.
- Transportation and Parking: Some operations have been reduced until further notice, including permitting and Wolfline service.
- Safety: NC State University Police will remain fully operational.
- Research and scholarship activity on Centennial Campus has been significantly reduced, with exception to critical operations, including research and activities related to COVID-19 intervention.
- The Office of Research and Innovation has more information and resources available.
The Office of Partnerships remains committed to serving the business needs of all Partners. While staff works remotely until further notice, the Partnership Office can be reached at 919.515.7036 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Real Estate and Development
NC State Real Estate and Development is available to answer questions related to leasing, operations and management of real estate on Centennial Campus. They can be reached at 919.513.7961 or email@example.com.
COVID-19 Positive Test Reporting
If you test positive for COVID-19, or are told by a healthcare provider that you are presumed positive for the virus, we encourage you to follow these recommendations. Please note that reporting is encouraged but not required.
- University Employees:
- Partner/Private Employees:
- Follow these guidelines provided by Wake County.
- Notify your property manager